Mishimoto Oil Cooler Kit – Nissan 350Z / Infiniti G35
Please note that the following instructions are a general guideline for installing the Mishimoto Oil Cooler Kit on a Nissan 350Z or Infiniti G35.
Here is a step-by-step guide for the installation:
- Ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface and the engine is cool before starting the installation.
- Open the hood of the vehicle and locate the stock oil filter housing. It is typically located near the front of the engine.
- Start by disconnecting the negative terminal of the vehicle’s battery to prevent any electrical mishaps during the installation process.
- Drain the engine oil from the vehicle. Locate the drain plug on the oil pan and carefully loosen it to allow the oil to drain into a suitable container. Remember to replace the drain plug once the oil has completely drained.
- Remove the stock oil filter and housing. Depending on the vehicle model, you may need to remove additional components or hoses to access the oil filter housing. Keep track of the position of any removed components for reinstallation.
- Install the Mishimoto oil cooler and mounting brackets in the desired location. \
- Attach the provided hoses to the Mishimoto oil cooler. Use the appropriate fittings and clamps to secure the hoses in place, ensuring a tight and leak-free connection.
- Install the Mishimoto oil filter relocation plate or adapter onto the stock oil filter housing. Follow the instructions provided by Mishimoto for the specific installation of the oil filter relocation plate or adapter.
- Connect the hoses from the Mishimoto oil cooler to the oil filter relocation plate or adapter. Again, use the appropriate fittings and clamps to secure the connections.
- Reinstall any additional components or hoses that were removed to access the stock oil filter housing, ensuring they are properly aligned and securely attached.
- Fill the engine with the recommended amount and type of new oil. Consult the vehicle’s owner manual for the appropriate oil specifications and fill the engine accordingly.
- Double-check all connections, ensuring there are no leaks or loose fittings.
- Reconnect the negative terminal of the vehicle’s battery.
- Start the engine and let it idle while monitoring for any signs of leaks or abnormal oil pressure.
- Once confirmed that everything is functioning correctly, close the hood and take the vehicle for a test drive to ensure proper performance.
Remember, these steps are a general overview, and it is essential to refer to the specific installation instructions provided by Mishimoto for your oil cooler kit model to ensure a successful and accurate installation.