Now Capable of Running 18 injectors!
The original Alpha Performance R35 GT-R Carbon Fiber Intake Manifold was painstakingly designed by AMS to be the most efficient and power producing manifold available. Now, AMS has now made it possible to run 18 Injector Dynamics injectors (not included) in the same award winning design! Attention to every detail was accounted for when creating this high performance induction component. On looks alone, you might agree, it makes the perfect centerpiece for your GT-R’s engine bay. However, if you’re familiar with the Alpha product line, you already understand that our aspiration has always been to offer you much more!
The Most Power Producing VR38 Intake Manifold On The Market
Unlike most aftermarket manifolds where gains are seen near the top of the power band and suffer near the bottom, the Alpha GT-R Carbon Fiber manifold provides global performance. Compared to the leading cast aluminum intake manifold on the market, our piece not only produced more HP and torque but it did so through the ENTIRE POWER BAND! From the moment your turbos spool up, the Alpha intake manifold starts making more power and torque. The best part is nothing is sacrificed in terms of response or power under the curve.
Larger, Perfectly Molded Carbon Fiber Plenums
Proper function of the plenum is extremely important to the performance of any intake manifold. In the case of the GT-R, there are two plenums – one for each bank. Not only should they be sized for correct volume, they provide even more benefits when shaped in such a way that distributes charged air more evenly amongst each of the precisely machined CNC aluminum velocity stacks leading into the runners. Both lightweight carbon fiber plenums are molded and tapered to channel charged air effectively – reducing turbulence and accelerating the delivery of charged air to the engine. By maintaining balance and sustaining maximum airflow velocity and pressure when needed, your GT-R benefits by outputting more horsepower!
The Difference Is In The Details
Each manifold is matched to its upper and lower running section to maintain the perfect flow of air from the throttle body to the cylinder heads. To achieve this, our engineers called for very tight tolerances where the upper and lower sections adjoin. That wasn’t enough though. To perfectly align the upper and lower ports, they took it a step further and installed dowel locating pins to ensure there were no steps or protrusions that could cause unnecessary turbulence found on other aftermarket manifolds.
Rigorously Tested To Last
We wanted to offer an intake manifold with the highest level of strength and reliability so we teamed up with an expert in the field. Using aircraft grade epoxies and carbon fiber layering methods, we constructed a manifold that would match the strength tolerances of key components used in the aerospace industry. We then cycle tested our finalized design 144,000 times from 0–50psi in a high heat environment in order to replicate over 20 years of operation by the average GT-R owner! In the end, a burst test was performed where the test manifold was subjected to over 150psi! No other manifold on the market has undergone such grueling tests!
Third Fuel Rail Engineered To Support Incredible Power
For extremely high-powered GT-Rs, provisions on the manifold and an additional Alpha fuel rail are installed which will supply enough fuel to feed a VR38 engine capable of producing over 2000+ horsepower. Positioning of fuel injectors is critical since optimizing the spray angle of the injector can improve fuel atomization and efficiency. Our engineers took all of these ideas to heart when designing our third rail setup to support a total of 18 individual injectors.
Additional Support With Optional Alpha Billet Big Bore Throttle Bodies
Outgrown the stock GT-R throttle bodies? If your car is making over 800HP, they are probably a restriction. We manufacture the largest throttle bodies for the R35 GT-R – designed to work with this intake manifold.
Choose an Anodized Color Finish
Would you like your Alpha intake manifold to complement the color of your GT-R? Choose from a stunning array of anodized finishes to give your engine bay that added custom touch!
- Same Championship Winning Design as our 12 Injector Version
- Capable of utilizing 18 Injectors (not included)
- The most powerful VR38 intake manifold on the market
- Show stopping design
- Over 30% lighter than the leading cast intake manifold
- Dowel pin aligned for smooth, continuous flow between upper and lower runners
- Dual MAP sensor ports allow for monitoring bank to bank differences in boost pressure
- Extra vacuum ports on plenums
- Upgrading from a 12 injector to an 18 injector center section is an option
- Carbon fiber manifold plenums
- Billet upper and lower runner sections
- Alpha Performance R35 GT-R Big Bore Billet Throttle Bodies Available
- AMS Throttle Body Adapters Required for Use with OEM Throttle Bodies
- Custom Color Matching of Intake Runner Anodizing Available Upon Request
- Standard billet, Black, Blue, Gold, Purple, Red
- CNC billet aluminum upper and lower section gasket
- Throttle body and lower intake manifold gaskets
- All necessary vacuum fittings and hardware
- Custom PCV routing would be needed if the owner wishes to retain its functionality
- Alpha upper intercooler pipe adapter for current Alpha intercooler piping or full Alpha Induction Kit is required.
- Injectors, injector wiring, and fuel lines are not included and must be custom designed and built.
- While other fuel rail kits may work (stock rails are not compatible), AMS can only guarantee AMS Fuel Rails to be compatible with this intake manifold.
- Custom color anodizing can add 2-4 weeks to build time.
- As these motorsports grade carbon fiber parts are hand laid, slight imperfections or weave pattern variances can be expected.